Washington Wine Institute
Washington State Wineries State and Federal Government Advocate
The Washington Wine Institute is the vocal, active, visible advocate and champion of the Washington wine industry in Olympia and Washington D.C. We achieve this vision through a collaborative approach including partnerships that advance shared industry goals.
Every year we work side by side with state and federal lawmakers to shape legislative and regulatory policy decisions that impact the Washington wine industry. We strive to protect the industry’s needs, while promoting its tremendous growth and our work has delivered invaluable results for Washington wineries throughout the years.
As wine laws continue to change at an ever-growing rate, it’s now more important than ever that wineries stand united! Learn more about our membership benefits and join the hundreds of wineries that have chosen to have their voices heard!
- The Washington Wine Institute is working on behalf of all of us, regardless of size. As small as Betz Family Winery is, we choose to support WWI because we know they have our best interest at heart and the skills to get things done in Olympia.
- It’s great to know that WWI is watching out for my interests in Olympia. I’ve been a member for years and consider their work essential to maintaining a friendly business climate for wine sales in Washington.
- The Washington wine industry is growing at an incredible pace and, if the continuous opening of new wineries in my district is any indication, it doesn’t appear to be slowing down anytime soon. It’s imperative all the wineries in my district and across Washington have a strong, united voice. The Washington Wine Institute is that voice and an extremely effective advocate for all Washington wineries.
- The $8.6 billion Washington wine industry is a tremendous bright spot on Washington State’s economy. As this exciting and dynamic industry continues to grow, the Legislature will continue to deal with critical issues that will impact wineries across the state. It’s crucial that winery voices are heard in Olympia and I know I can count on WWI, the industry’s leading advocate, as a source of clear, accurate information when making policy that will shape market conditions for wine in our State.
- Feb 11 - Feb 12Oregon Convention Center 777 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Congress Extends the Craft Beverage Modernization and Tax Reform Act Through 2020 The Craft Beverage Modernization and Tax Reform Act (CMBTRA) has been extended through December 31, 2020. The bill was passed as part of a package of tax extenders that was included as an amendment to the Further Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2020. WineAmerica
The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board recently announced that there are now 1,000 active domestic winery licensees in Washington State. Our state wine industry is growing at several times the rate of Oregon and California, and this announcement validates the growth numbers we’ve been seeing over the past decade. Congratulations to all past and
The Winery General Permit is now effective. Ecology issued the Winery General Permit on May 17th of last year, but delayed the effective date to give potential permittees extra time to prepare for the new regulation. The effective date was also delayed to coincide with the recent adoption of the revised Permit Fee Rule (Chapter
Wines with a sense of place Sounds esoteric but my goal is to create a Cabernet Sauvignon that truly showcases the place it was grown. That is why I chose Cab-I think it is one of the best varieties for communicating a sense of place without too many outside interruptions. We focus only on Cabernet
When Sagemoor first purchased land for planting vineyards in 1968, nobody knew for sure which, if any, grape varietals would grow. Also, they didn’t know how to grow them. The founders plowed ahead with vision, grit, and not much else. A slew of stumbling blocks nearly killed the dream. Today, over 40 years and 1,100
We are proud to be in a partnership program with Givily, the premier online management tool for all your wine donation requests. We know our members get bombarded with wine donation requests each year, and often times it’s difficult to manage and keep organized. Additionally, many of our members may not know just how charitable they’ve
In Olympia, we strive to protect the industry’s needs & promote its tremendous growth.